State SkillsUSA Conference—April 19-21, 2018—Springfield, IL
Hotel information (new for 2018):
Wyndham Springfield – City Center
(formerly the Springfield Hilton)
700 E. Adams St.
Springfield, IL 62701
- We will be providing polo shirts for opening and closing ceremonies. Please wear a plain or ICC polo or dress shirt, black dress slacks and black shoes for Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Business casual will work.
- Chapter advisors/officers: full dress for both events. Faculty advisors may wear your ICC SkillsUSA blue polo’s.
- For contest clothing, speak with your instructor and/or contact me if you have questions.
- General note: All industrial competitions are allowed to wear clothing appropriate for their curriculum areas. All computer related contests must be in black pants, white polo (no school name), black shoes and black socks.
- Safety glasses must be worn in all contests where appropriate.
- Each student will be required to turn in a formal resume for each contest again this year. You will be turning them in at your contest briefing on Thursday night. Please bring 1 printed copy with a digital backup just in case.
- You will have some down time, so plan for comfortable clothing as well.
- Please see your instructor and/or contact the advisors if you need any contest tools. Faculty – please let us know if your students have any tool needs.
- The officers and advisors will be putting kits together on Tuesday evening. Please let us know ASAP if there is anything you are missing or questioning based on the technical specifications you received earlier this year.
- There will be an ICC SkillsUSA Chapter meeting at the hotel on Thursday April 19th at approximately 4:45 p.m. in the hotel room TBD. You will receive your badges and other materials at this meeting. You won’t have entrance into the convention center without the badge. (DPET—your materials will be at the front desk when arrive.)
- There is NO food money for state. We will not be providing lunch on Friday. Please be sure you bring money for food with you.
- Bus Transportation TBD by April 10, 2018–please check back.
SkillsUSA Chapter Advisors:
Kim Hawthorne (309) 694-5297 or email@example.com
Kevin Wells (309) 694-8867 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and good luck to all of our competitors!!!!
Championships Updates: Check often for any changes to your contests. http://skillsusaillinois.org/students/championships/