SkillsUSA is a national, nonprofit career and technical student organization serving high school, college students and professional members enrolled in training programs in technical, skilled, and service occupations, including health occupations.
What you get with membership:
- Memberships in the local, state, and national SkillsUSA organization and a subscription to SkillsUSA Champions, the official magazine of SkillsUSA
- Access to the SkillsUSA Employment Network, a national career resource with job postings and job hunting resources.
- Opportunities to compete in the SkillsUSA Championships at the regional, as well potentially the state and national levels.
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, and honors
- Opportunities to attend leadership conferences at the state and national level and travel and meet a variety of people and develop meaningful friendships
- Job contacts and networking opportunities, a chance to learn and practice professional and leadership skills that will result in greater confidence, and recognition from peers, teachers, and leaders in the community and beyond!
What is SkillsUSA?
- SkillsUSA is a national non-profit student organization with more than 300,000 members in all 50 states
- Dedicated to helping students prepare for career, technical, and health occupations
- Their mission is to empower its members to become world class workers, leaders, and responsible American citizens
- Nearly 100 technical and leadership contests are created and judged by industry
- The SkillsUSA National championships is the largest day of corporate volunteerism in America
- Covers more than 16 football fields in floor space
- Represents a $35 million dollar investment
- 5600 contestants
- Not just technical skills, but also leadership and employability skills
- “SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers, and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce.” -skillusa.org
- SkillsUSA promotes and encourages career and technical education by offering local, state, and national competitions
- Approximately 100 technical and leadership contests
- Compete at local, state, and national levels
- Placing at Nationals means valuable prizes, great employment opportunities, and respect